I had some fun last week on Twitter with the release of a new Dune movie trailer. What would a bad fan theory of Dune be? I did a round-up of bad Dune fan theories on Twitter and collected them for Sci-Friday. Please enjoy these and feel free to add your own.
- The worm dies at the end
- For the ‘pain box’ scene, @RealChalamet researched mental torment by watching all five seasons of Mama June: From Not to Hot.
- The butler did it.
- Frodo and Bilbo have The Ring and they need to throw into Mt. Dune.
- They needed someone to act like a sexual predator for the role of the Baron, so they originally offered the role to Harvey Weinstein
- Dune’s promotional tie-ins include LASIK surgery renaming itself to lasgun surgery.
- Dune has a breakfast cereal coming out called Arrakis Flakes
- The original Dune script had Will Smith recording the title song at the end.
- Dune is really The Love Boat but in the desert
- To promote Dune, @RealChalamet will feel true spice agony during his appearance on Hot Ones #Dune #BadDuneFanTheories
- When we first meet Princess Irulan, she’s wearing a t-shirt that says ‘Atreides in the streets, Harkonnen in the sheets.’
- On Arakis, they play hockey but instead of ice all they have is sand and the worms eat everyone who tries to play.
- The Dune action figure playset comes with 100 lbs of sand you can bury your friends in!
- Will include ‘Scooby Doo’ guest appearances including the cast of Friends, BTS, and Ellen DeGeneres
- Cinnamon rebranded as ‘Melange,’ Starbucks quickly rebrands PSP drinks as ‘Arrkis Spice Lattes’
- Bene Gesserit is an anagram for ‘beer signer’ – use it to get 10% off your movie ticket purchase
So there you have it, a round-up of bad Dune fan theories that we can use to celebrate this classic scifi tale releasing into a larger movie epic. Will fans love it, or hate it? If they hate it, you may wish to make use of an emotional scifi crisis plan I originally created for the Rise of Skywalker. I hope you enjoy this dump of fun scifi stuff and take some time over the long holiday weekend to dive down the rabbit hole of every other Sci-Friday I’ve published in the past couple years.
Have a great weekend!